Whether you have a question regarding a project already in process or would like to begin a total restoration, drop us a line. We would love to hear from you.
What is the Process For Whole House Demolition, Garage Demolition, or Commercial Building Demolition?
- Request a FREE estimate from awwaste.com. Demolishing a home, garage, or commercial building is not a simple project and requires the expertise of a professional demolition contractor to guide the process. During the estimate site visit, interview the contractor for qualifications, references, EPA certifications, and the process the demolition contractor would follow to knock down and remove the building.
- We will apply for demolition permits and approval from local government authorities. Depending on your location, demolition permits may be required by the city, county, and/ or state. Your local municipality may also have regulations related to notifications, noise, hours of demolition, disposal of the debris, etc… Your hired demolition company should be well informed about local regulations and will often pull the permits on your behalf.
- Utilities need to be properly disconnected. Utility companies for gas, water, and electricity need to be contacted. All utilities need to be properly disconnected or terminated at the source prior to demolition. Again, this may be handled by your hired demolition company, but clarify upfront with the contractor all of the services that are provided.
- Older homes or buildings need to be inspected for hazardous materials like asbestos or lead paint prior to being demolished. If your home or building contains hazardous materials, proper procedures for abatement need to be followed. Your hired demolition contractor may offer this service or sub contract it to an environmental remediation specialist.
- Safely tear down the building. For one to three story structures like a shed, garage, or a home, demolition of the structure is usually achieved using large hydraulic equipment like cranes, excavators and/or bulldozers.
- Removal and disposal of demolition debris. Debris will be loaded onto trucks or into roll off dumpsters for hauling to recycling centers or landfills. Discuss the options of salvaging and recycling demolition materials with your hired demolition contractor.
Tampa Contractor Group LLC is a local family owned, full service general contractor. We proudly serve the Tampa Bay Area. Our wide range of services include the design and construction of additions, full interior remodeling, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, and exterior home improvements. We are also involved in many commercial construction projects ranging from commercial remodeling to office build-outs. Commercial or residential, there is no job too big or small!
At TCG we take all new construction standards serious and continually invest in training and education on energy efficiency, green building and many other growing trends. We are dedicated to providing you excellent customer service and exceptional quality and detail of workmanship. Our goal is to go above and beyond your expectations for a truly remarkable experience.
- We combine large-firm capabilities with a small-firm customer-centric approach. At TCG, you’ll find small-company client care coupled with large-company expertise. We provide you with the speed, agility and close contact you expect from your contractor.
- We want your business … today and tomorrow. We build strong relationships based on trust, integrity and consistent performance rather than just bottom-line objectives. In fact, more than 90 percent of our projects come from repeat customers.
- Communication is as important as construction. Because you can’t be on site every day, you need a detail-oriented general contractor who will be. We provide ongoing schedule breakdowns and communicate with you throughout the process, managing logistics from inception to completion.
Tampa Contractor Group
18125 US-41 Suite #209,
Lutz, FL 33549